Overlake Veracross Portal
- Login to your Veracross Employee Portal and select the 'Parent-Teacher Conferences Schedule' banner.
- This will display all of your conferences for each student.
Joining Teams meeting
- Please make sure to click on the meeting link at your scheduled time. It will trigger to open the meeting link on your browser.
- For teachers who teach one school level (Middle School or Upper School), you have only one Teams meeting link. Once you join the meeting, you don't have to leave the meeting until you are done for that day.
- For those who are cross-over teachers (Upper School and Middle School), you have two separate Teams meeting links.
- Upper School P/T Conferences (Teams meeting link 1) from 8 am -12 pm on Thursday (11/12/2020) followed by Middle School P/T Conferences (Teams meeting link 2) from 1 pm - 5 pm.
- Middle School P/T Conferences (Teams meeting link 2) from 8 am -12 pm on Friday (11/13/2020) followed by Upper School P/T Conferences (Teams meeting link 1) from 1 pm - 5 pm.
Managing the Lobby in your meeting
- Once you've started a meeting, you'll see a notification when someone is waiting in the lobby.
- Click on 'View Lobby' and allow the parents who are scheduled to join you in the meeting at that time.
- If someone bypass the lobby by using their student's Teams account, you can remove them from the meeting by clicking on the ellipsis sign next to the participant's name and select 'Remove from meeting'
Managing Chats in your meeting
- It is recommended that you limit the use of Teams chat during the P/T conferences and avoid posting items that are student-specific, because the chat may continue to be visible to participants even after they have disconnected from the meeting. Consider sharing your screen or email documents after the conference instead.
- When in doubt, you can remove any participants from the group chat - How to remove participants from the group chat?
- Click on the particpants and hover over the name