COVID-19 or not, there is a lot to manage as an Overlake student. Classes, schedules, athletics, clubs, college applications, and more. Now that we're in Overlake Online, here are some tips to make sure you find success at Overlake using our technology tools. If you missed one of the rotations and want to be guided through the content below, please watch this meeting record (Owl ID required).
Canvas is Overlake's Learning Management System, and your home for all things academic and extracurricular. If you're in a class, club, team, Project Week, or other groups, you will have a Canvas class for that group managed by the teacher (teachers can create student editors as appropriate). We have resources to cover Canvas in some more depth as part of our Student Technology Preparation guidance, but here are a few important things with which to familiarize yourself:
- Settings, including pronouns, profile picture, email addresses
- Course List and Dashboard
Microsoft 365 is Overlake's platform for all things productivity and collaboration. Get in the habit of visiting Office.com to access all your Overlake Microsoft resources, including:
- Download Microsoft Office
- Teams - Overlake's preferred online meeting and chat platform. Be sure to download Teams! Enable the new meeting experience using these instructions.
- OneDrive - unlimited file storage
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint Online
- And more, including Sway, Forms, Sharepoint, Vizio, etc.
The Veracross Portals are the place for all things logistics - calendars, schedules, report cards, daily schedule, directories, and more. Here's what you should see when you access your student portal:
Also Good to Know...
- Subscribe to calendars on Overlake.org
- Some of your teachers are using Zoom since it is the only way to provide randomized breakout rooms as of this writing (Teams will launch in Q4 of 2020). Be sure you download Zoom if your teachers are using it.
- All Overlake students have access to Adobe Creative Cloud with their Owl IDs
Don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.602.7007.